Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Little Bakin'

Gentle Friends, I couldn't think of anything I really wanted to bake so I started to flip through a cookbook and was inspired to whip up some ...........

..... Madelaine's.  It's one of my favorite "cookies" ever - I used Julia Child's recipe from....


.......  and since I was still in the mood to bake I whipped up some........

....shortbread.......  Rico's been asking and asking for some, and since I was already in the kitchen I thought "why not?"..........and.....while baking I was watching a super flicker.... "Call Me Madam"  and here's a clip of a great duet from the film with Ethel Merman and Donald O'Connor.......  enjoy...

________________________

That's about it for today sports fans - thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. A great way to spend time, baking delicious cookies and watching a good movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh..I'd love it if you could share Julia's recipe with us....they look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Madelaine's look good, never had one. But, oh the shortbread! I love, love, love, shortbread. Wonder how it would ship? lol

    Ethel looks so young. I enjoyed the clip. Thanks for posting.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the movie clip. I love those old musicals. Your baking looks great. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teatime at your home must be wonderful with you lovely makes.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...