Monday, November 24, 2014

Startin' A "New" Piece of Stitchin'

Gentle friends, over the weekend - when I wasn't running around, cleaning something or cooking something.... I felt the need to start a new stitching piece.  I haven't a clue as to why I wanted to start something else, I have two piece in the works for upcoming Exchanges - and really should focus, but the needle leads where the needles leads..........

"January Cat" - 36ct BoaF "Sandpiper" - using my WDW Conversion

... it's a bit on the wonky side as I took this with it still in the q-snaps.  This is the first in the series of Monthly Animals by Nickyscreations.  When I first saw one of them I was drawn to these cute things - so prim and proper for each month.  She has released 11 of the 12 animals and I am stitching them not as individual pyn pillows, but as a single largish sampler.  I have also converted the called for DMC floss choices and shifted them all to WDW's floss so there is a little more colour interest.  This first square is called "January Cat."   The lovely piece of linen is a 36ct Birds of a Feather "Sandpiper" - from the first incarnation of BoaF - I found it on eBay and have been saving it for something special.
______________________

That's about it for today - thanks for stopping by, dos top again soon!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. Oh I'm looking forward to seeing this series stitched up. I've wanted to buy them, but I haven't yet. I should just buy one every month. Good idea, right? Nice start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so miss the BOF linen--it was just the best. I have a couple of Nicky's monthly animals in my stash waiting on me to start. Nice idea to stitch them all together

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really cute chart. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good start. I am looking forward to seeing more of the design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitching is always so nice; can't wait to see this piece evolve. Wishing you and Rico a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...